List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: The Road Ahead
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 12:16:09

On Friday July 27, 2001 05:11, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> But aren't all these methods ways of working around the true problem? I
> know all of this, but I still have to _try_ the exact branch name. And
> calling it "UNSTABLE_BRANCH" instead of "UNSTABLE" is maybe even better.
> As long as we come up with a unified naming system. Having to look
> something up can be made very easy, but not having to look it up in the
> first place is easier...

Shouldn't one already be taking the time to find out what's in a
particular branch before checking it out and compiling it?

In asking an app's developers what exactly is going on in a particular
branch, it's easy to ask what the branch name is to begin with.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.