On Friday July 27, 2001 05:11, Martijn Klingens wrote: > But aren't all these methods ways of working around the true problem? I > know all of this, but I still have to _try_ the exact branch name. And > calling it "UNSTABLE_BRANCH" instead of "UNSTABLE" is maybe even better. > As long as we come up with a unified naming system. Having to look > something up can be made very easy, but not having to look it up in the > first place is easier... Shouldn't one already be taking the time to find out what's in a particular branch before checking it out and compiling it? In asking an app's developers what exactly is going on in a particular branch, it's easy to ask what the branch name is to begin with. -- Neil Stevens neil@qualityassistant.com Don't think of a bug as a problem. Think of it as a call to action.