List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KFontCombo speed
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-25 10:04:12

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 10:44, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is also another problem with this kind of font combobox. I have some
> thai fonts here, that do _not_ have latin1 characters. The font combobox
> just displays nothing there.

Hmm... IIRC the Windows equivalent of this widget shows the font name in the
default font if the font contains glyphs or otherwise nonprintable characters
and _ after _ that adds a small sample of how the font really looks like by
picking some characters that do exist in the font. Might be an idea here as
well...

Martijn