List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () magnifire ! net>
Date:       2001-07-15 12:51:41

Bero,

I'm affraid you're missing here 1 point...

The plan (if I understood it correctly) is:

2.2 - release within 2 weeks
2.9 - full port of KDE from QT 2.3.1 to QT 3.0 beta 2,3, whatever..
3.0 - which is KDE 2.9 + additional features.

Now, you might think it's short - but it's surely won't. Just an example -
currently the bidi in Konqueror is totallty different then whats on QT 3.0.
Thats why many bugs in Bidi cannot be fixed right now, so the bidi stuff will
have to be replaced with QT 3.0 bidi implementations.

so moving from 2.2 -> 2.9 -> 3.0 will take at least 5-6 months based on the
speed of kde development from 2.0 -> 2.1 -> 2.2..

Hetz