List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do after 2.2?
From:       Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-13 13:22:45

I am a big fan of the 2.9 release.  I want to add my universal scripting
layer but it breaks BC all to hell.  I have been sitting on this patch for
about 1.5 months now, and I am itching to get it out there and tested.

I think going from 2.3 and then porting to 2.9 is the best approach because
we will insure that no new bugs are introduced in the process of porting to
QT 3.0

There is also talk about a utility that fixes BC in applications.  I used
something similar to this a few years ago on applixword.  A new version of
GLIBC would not allow it to run so they applied a runtime patch to the
application and it worked.  If we are only breaking BC and not source
compatibility then would that not be an option?

-ian reinhart geiser

--
Fortune for the day:
Algol-60 surely must be regarded as the most important programming language