List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    This Week's CVS issues - week 26
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-30 8:37:35

Ok, here we go again for this weekend. Just minor things as I'm a) in a
hurry and b) very busy this week to give it some more tests and c) I
know already that some parts are being worked on.

a) please test this patch:

http://master.kde.org/~nolden/tooltippatch.tar.gz

That's a fix gallium and I made. What it does is actually adding 1) the
option of disabling tooltips at all and using animated tooltips in
kapplication (yes, just extending the options, completely bc) 2)
enabling tooltips to the window decoration buttons (that's why the fix
is so large as the window deco's needed fixing as well) and fixing the
style kcontrol module to use 1).
Please give this a test. I think we really need those fixes in 2.2 and I
would like to apply it if that is being agreed on.

b) the other thing is that the datepicker in the clock applet doesn't
show the current week next to the date like korganizer does. So when I
want to add the - week in this series' subject, I need to open
korganizer each time :} Simple thing though as the code is there, it
just needs to be added to the clock applet.

c) jowenn submitted this to mention: the extensions don't quite work
well with kicker, that means if kicker is on autohide it shows up behind
an extension that is on the bottom. As the extension stuff is quite new,
this needs some thorough testing and fixing.

As said, I'm in a hurry but will have internet access later today so I
can see if I can apply the patch :)

Thanks and happy hacking this weekend,

Ralf

PS: I'm currently doing a collection of some info again for LinuxTag
which I will post a link for also later today with an updated schedule.

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org