List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Cervisia
From:       Hristo Doichev <donquixote () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-06-25 2:12:23

On Sunday 24 June 2001 17:23, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Hristo Doichev wrote:
> > >
> > > yes, needs to be because of kbabel and stuff.
> > >
> > > I'd also say put it into kdesdk (although it would fit into kdevelop
> > > much better :))
> >
> > "Cervisia" is quite usefull outside of KDevelop. It would be nice to have
> > it as a separate entity, without tying it exclusively to KDevelop.
> > Please, do not make it just another part ... How would you feel if KMail
> > was available only if you had KOffice?! ;-(
>
> Hi, no, that wasn't the intention. It's that cervisia and the 2.0 and
> former KDevelop versions share the same functionality because Bernd
> wrote both CVS usage things at the same time. Of course it would be a
> single app, still, and be put into kdesdk because it logically belongs
> there.  Making a part out of it was related to use the part inside
> konqueror primarily but making it a gideon part is also needed. Can that
> be the same part ? Bernd ?

Great! :-)
Kdevelop is very good tool, however, it seems to get slower and slower
the longer is being used. At some point selecting a menu takes 2-5 seconds
to just see the menu. Switching between files becomes painfull as well.
I wonder if this is a problem with KDevelop alone or it has something to do
with the base libraries!?
My system is KDE 2.1.1 (kdelibs 2.1.2), Athlon 1G, 512 MRam, kernel 2.2.18,
2.4, 2.4.2, 2.4.4 ... Kdevelop 1.4.1

I'm working on a chess client. It looks very nice and it is targeted for
linux and KDE.
More interesting is a game server that I'm also working on (hence the client
to test the server) ... The server design is not limited to chess only, it is
based on modules (plugins). Yada-yada ... I hope KDE can benefit from this.

best regards.
Hristo Doichev

This is that and that is this
it always goes and stops ...