List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    This Week's CVS issues - week 25
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-24 19:07:59

Ok, here we go again.

Info: I'm using - week # now in the subject so I can continue that
series on a weekly basis. I got some comments on that that I should keep
this up although I feel a bit guilty from time to time to bug people
with their issues, but that's the same as bugging the release maintainer
:)

Now, this weekend I didn't find any grave things. Just one thing that
was *very* obscure on my laptop - when pulling out the AC power
connector and running on batteries the CPU switches to another frequency
(450 Mhz instead of 800). When doing that while running KDE, I noticed
the already mentioned kwin bug with Alt+Tab focus change lockups, so it
seems that there is still a problem somewhere. I will try to track this
down more exactly in the next week so we may can fix this at LinuxTag.

Another thing is that I got kdm working again on SuSE :) but I cannot
use XFree -query thinkpad from my other machine to get the login screen
over. Switching to xdm helped as I have commented out the line in
xdm-config that prevents that, so it may be that either I have missed
the point in kdm somewhere or it isn't working yet.

One other concern that was on kde-devel was about the locolor icons,
maybe we should take care to make a complete set in kdeartwork for them
so sun machines can be used with KDE 2.2 as well. I think that can be
done within the time to the release.

That's basically it :) (and that's also why this is coming so late on
sunday instead of friday :)

Reminder: who didn't sign up by a mail to eva@kde.org for the dinners at
LinuxTag should do that, otherwise you may need to go to a restaurant
while all other ones can eat for free on saturday evening.

Hope to see you the next week there. Torsten, Eva and I will probably
set up a schedule for booth service before or if we don't get that out
until we're there, we'll decide by chance whoever shows up :))

Have a nice sunday and enjoy the last days until the beta is out,

Ralf
--
KDE 2 - Trust I seek and I find in You,
everyday for a something new,

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org