List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    adjusting lib version numbers
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2001-06-23 12:29:51

Hi,

finally I took the time and figured out how to get .so.3.2.0 and so.1.2.0
version numbers for libs.

I am willing to change the Makefile.am's in kdelibs accordingly (after the
beta).
I think most people agreed that libs with different functionality and
versions should have different version numbers (just look at Qt or any other
lib). We didn't change the lib number from 2.0 to 2.1, but better change it
now than never.

Does anybody object ?

Bye
Alex