List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: My statement about the latest flamewar ;-)
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-19 6:17:02

You know better than this. KDE Control Center uses .desktop files to
determine what styles and themes are available. It's funny that
everybody feels free to tell me to move or remove styles, but when I
decide to remove all the optional ones I get people making up
nonexistent "compatibility issues". These are *themes* and *theme
engines*. Nothing more, nothing less. Trying to make it into a
compatibility issue is, like I said, ridiculous.

As far as users getting to use their favorite styles, of course they
will and more! They just won't be included in kdelibs. I'm not keeping
any functionality from the user at all - "taking my toys and going
home". Everything will be made available to users, just not in kdelibs.