List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-16 14:30:44

On Saturday, 16. June 2001 16:10, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > On Saturday 16 June 2001 14:03, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > e) Konsole history: apparently, it doesn't save the setting that one
> > > enabled the history :)
> >
> > No, that wasn't the reported problem. It does save your history setting
> > (if it's enabled and how long it is). What Simon reported was that when
> > you start a new session from within the same konsole window, the new
> > session has history turned off. This is now fixed.
>
> Well, then could you enable history by default with a line max of 5000
> lines ? That's what all people use and I think 5000 lines won't kill
> anyone's X :)

5000 lines? that makes a file with max 39MB(*) _for each session_ this is
still a bit lot. As long as the line storing algorithm is that bad, I'd
suggest not
use that high number, but ~200

Greetings, Stephan
P.S. I did some testings and got 8K per line even though Guillaume (don't you
have a nick name? :) said it would be 4K - which is of course still lot.

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.