List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Preparing for KDE2.2beta1
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-06-10 20:14:44

On Friday 08 June 2001 17:27, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 08 June 2001 01:19, Michael Brade wrote:
> > On Thursday 07 June 2001 23:08, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > Hiya,
> > >
> > > This is to remind you that next week we plan to have the first (and
> > > possibly only) beta of KDE 2.2. This means no new features as of now.
> >
> > Uhh, I'm working on caching for KDirLister and this is probably
> > considered a new feature. Is it allowed to still add that one after the
> > beta or should I put this in today? Or has this to wait for KDE 2.3? I
> > hope not...
>
> No new features after the beta... so either now or KDE 2.3.
Hmpf... I found some serious problems yesterday that caused me to rewrite the
KDirLister almost completely. So regarding the current daytime I won't get it
done till tomorrow, this speedup has to wait for KDE 2.3 :-(( Feels like
arriving at the station and seeing the train leaving in exactly that moment...

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.