List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Embrace and extend.. or something like that..
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-08 3:00:42

#if Christian A Strømmen [Number1/NumeroUno]
> 		Nothing selected: -> Folder tasks ("Publish this folder on the web")

The next release of kpf will allow you to drag a folder from konqy
and drop it on kpf - instantly it's shared via HTTP.

> 	- implementation details:
> 		everything delayed (aboutToShow(), etc.) including konq-combo, tabs in
> 		dialogs!  (all tabs should be loaded before the dialog is shown, so
> 		switching between tabs is fast and so on)

Hmm, I heard that XP delayed loading of the pages of a tabbed widget.

We can also do this easily, but I don't know that many apps do.

> 	- "Task not responding" in titlebar -> right-click: close: "Do you want to
> 	kill the dead thing?"

Tried naughtyapplet ? I hope to extend this soon.

> So.. any comments?

Nice list. I hope we can implement at least some of these.

Rik