List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH, take 2 , uses BlockArray (was Re: konsole's history : is anyone taking care of it ?)
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-06-04 16:13:08

(sorry for the personal cc:, but kde-core-devel appears to be a bit
constipated today - I get messages with a 3h lag).

On Monday 04 June 2001 15:34, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > I'm not sure how to let the user specify the size here. In Kb ? In Mb ?
> > In nb of lines ?
>
> If it's setSize then it's KB, but if you pass it to BlockArray, then you
> create _two_ files with that size. What we wanted to add was that the
> history is saved into one file, but this is a bit more complex :)

I was using setSize(), but I've switched to setHistorySize(). I don't know
what you mean by "pass it to BlockArray". The BlockArray ctor doesn't take
any arguments.

> But my point was that I can't scroll back to that 190K, it only has 10
> lines, which can't fill my 190K. Just set it to 20000 and then you should
> always be able to scoll back to the beginning. If not, it's a bug :)

The problem was that, given how lines are added by the history mechanism and
how I've wrapped BlockArray to fit that, you simply use one block per line.
And a block is way larger than a regular line. Anyway, the version 3 of my
patch (still held by kde-core AFAICT) lets you set the nb of lines.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org