(sorry for the personal cc:, but kde-core-devel appears to be a bit constipated today - I get messages with a 3h lag). On Monday 04 June 2001 15:34, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > I'm not sure how to let the user specify the size here. In Kb ? In Mb ? > > In nb of lines ? > > If it's setSize then it's KB, but if you pass it to BlockArray, then you > create _two_ files with that size. What we wanted to add was that the > history is saved into one file, but this is a bit more complex :) I was using setSize(), but I've switched to setHistorySize(). I don't know what you mean by "pass it to BlockArray". The BlockArray ctor doesn't take any arguments. > But my point was that I can't scroll back to that 190K, it only has 10 > lines, which can't fill my 190K. Just set it to 20000 and then you should > always be able to scoll back to the beginning. If not, it's a bug :) The problem was that, given how lines are added by the history mechanism and how I've wrapped BlockArray to fit that, you simply use one block per line. And a block is way larger than a regular line. Anyway, the version 3 of my patch (still held by kde-core AFAICT) lets you set the nb of lines. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org