List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues :)
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-06-02 9:24:53

On Saturday 02 June 2001 11:10, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Saturday 02 June 2001 00:44, David Faure wrote:
> > Hiding/showing the dot files looks like
> > an automatic update (it actually uses the same code if showing them,
> > which is sensible). I'm not sure that emitting completed() in this case
> > (which is manually triggered by the application anyway, unlike the usual
> > async stuff) is necessary/wanted.
>
> Hmm, the problem with not emitting completed() is that you will never know
> when the last file to delete is emitted (KDirLister emits all at once ATM
> but you can't and shouldn't rely on this). Even more, showing already
> hidden files _will_ emit started() and completed(). So I'd definitely vote
> for emitting the signals in the hide-dotfiles-case as well, especially
> after thinking about this again with enough sleep ;-)
Uhm, perhaps still not enough.... The problem is the treeview (again ;/). We
would need to emit started for every dir that is opened - which is not really
possible because the files are not neccessarily sorted by directory in the
file list. So I'd emit started() only for the base url and then a single
completed(). Hmpf, why is there always a small problem that prevents you
being consitent over the whole class... ;-/

Ciao,
   Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.