On Saturday 02 June 2001 11:10, Michael Brade wrote: > On Saturday 02 June 2001 00:44, David Faure wrote: > > Hiding/showing the dot files looks like > > an automatic update (it actually uses the same code if showing them, > > which is sensible). I'm not sure that emitting completed() in this case > > (which is manually triggered by the application anyway, unlike the usual > > async stuff) is necessary/wanted. > > Hmm, the problem with not emitting completed() is that you will never know > when the last file to delete is emitted (KDirLister emits all at once ATM > but you can't and shouldn't rely on this). Even more, showing already > hidden files _will_ emit started() and completed(). So I'd definitely vote > for emitting the signals in the hide-dotfiles-case as well, especially > after thinking about this again with enough sleep ;-) Uhm, perhaps still not enough.... The problem is the treeview (again ;/). We would need to emit started for every dir that is opened - which is not really possible because the files are not neccessarily sorted by directory in the file list. So I'd emit started() only for the base url and then a single completed(). Hmpf, why is there always a small problem that prevents you being consitent over the whole class... ;-/ Ciao, Michael -- Some operating systems are called `user friendly', Linux however is `expert friendly'.