List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues :)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-01 18:57:30

On Friday 01 June 2001 19:02, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > On Friday 01 June 2001 12:14, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > b) konqueror's show-hide hidden files function misses a
> > > refresh/rearrange icons after selecting hide hidden files, currently the
> > > place where the hidden files were displayed are staying empty, i.e. only
> > > the icons are removed.
> >
> > With or without image preview enabled ? (or in both cases ?).
> > Yes it sounds unrelated but it isn't, the control doesn't go to the same place...
> >
> >     //we don't want the non-dot files to remain where they are
> >     m_bNeedAlign = true;
> > is there, so I guess that the bug is that KonqKfmIconView::slotRenderingFinished
> > is never called...
>
> Happens with both.

Ok, the bug seems to be due to a change in KDirLister (Michael Brade ? :)
setShowingDotFiles() doesn't emit completed() after emitting the deleteItem() signals
for the dot files. Well, maybe this isn't the right thing to do anyway. Fixed in Konqueror.

> I think it just misses a call to the refresh action (thatīs how I would do it).
Eek, certainly not. It's only a "rearrange the icons" that was missing.
Imagine how slow "refresh" would be (e.g. over FTP), when what you want is to
simply hide some of the files that are there and keep the others.