List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues :)
From:       Markus Kohls <markusk () bnet-ibb ! de>
Date:       2001-06-01 18:20:57

On Friday 01 June 2001 19:47, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > Moin Ralf!
> >
> Using the windows decoding dllīs though. Thatīs why these canīt go into
> distributions unfortunately. Maybe weīre coming up with a better idea in
> time.
>
> Ralf

well there exists a IMHO much better video player: mplayer
(mplayer.sourceforge.net). It plays more fileformats than aviplay, and seems
to be more performant than aviplay, too. It would be really nice, if we could
have such a video player integrated in kde; of course, the problems with the
windows decoding dlls remains.

There could be simply a configurable path for these windows plugins, so
everyone who has windows installed (or knows the right locations where to
download), can have access to these dlls. (like the solution for the
netscape-plugins for konqueror).

cya. markus
--
Markus Kohls - Postmaster http://www.bnet-ibb.de