List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: This Week's CVS issues :)
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-06-01 7:54:07

On Friday 01 June 2001 03:14 am, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> e) I found that playing windows avi files is actually possible with
> aviplay (see freshmeat) which stulle told me. It's using Qt 2.x already,
> maybe that can be used to be changed into a konqueror plugin ? aKtion is
> large video files. Any solution for KDE on video in sight ?

Anyone is *free* to write his very own aRts playobject for whatever
proprietary codecs and formats he likes.  Part of what makes aRts so nice,
is that it's that modular.  Just don't hold your breath waiting for the
existing aRts developers to do it. :-)

Now, if anyone is interested in working on any video playobjects (even
ones based on mplayer, xanim, or real), please let me know so video
efforts can be coordinated.  We already have someone working on a libmpeg3
plugin, and if video is to begin to work well in the media players, the
video interfaces have to be uniform.

> That's fairly all, mostly minor issues. Noatun finally works good now,
> at least here :) although David said there's a crash and he send Charles
> a fix. Charles, is that done or is there something wrong with it ?

Excellent.  (No, not the plugin.  Well, I wouldn't mind if you're enjoying
that plugin, but that's not what I meant :-)

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

keyserver search.keyserver.net
Fingerprint 86EA ECD4 F258 FB1B D88F 9136 4F49 90F8 CD3E 5C1C