List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: mx record for master.kde.org gone?
From:       <danielmo () xena ! tops ! net>
Date:       2001-06-01 10:29:21

Hi Rob!

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:

> This explains why I found some of my posts in my mail queue instead of my
> mailbox:
>
> cap@ezri:~$ host master.kde.org
> master.kde.org is a nickname for max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
> max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de has address 134.2.170.93
> cap@ezri:~$ host -tmx master.kde.org
> Host not found, try again.

There is no MX for hosts, only for domains.
Mails sent to a host will always be delivered to the local mailer

however, "host -tmx kde.org" returns max as responsible MX, which is
correct behavior.

> Who maintains kde.org DNS?

Trolltech.

Btw: they do a cool job in this. Their Admin is always very fast when it
comes to emergency DNS switches in the kde.org zone and such..

Greetings,

</daniel>