List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KDE 2.2alpha2 released
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 17:52:19

I'm happy to announce KDE 2.2alpha2, a prerelease of the upcoming KDE 2.2.

Binary packages for Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE and Tru64 will be available from:

http://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/2.2alpha2/

An overview of the changes between 2.1 and 2.2 can be found on:

http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html

Known problems in this release:
* Line edit completion may cause crashes. If typing text into e.g. the
location bar of konqueror causes a crash you might want to turn off
completion by selecting Completion->None from the RMB (Right Mouse Button)
menu.

* A javascript bug causes sites that rely on window.open not to function
properly.

* HTML rendering problems.

Please _don't_ report the above problems, we already know about them.

Have fun.

Cheers,
Waldo
--