I'm happy to announce KDE 2.2alpha2, a prerelease of the upcoming KDE 2.2. Binary packages for Mandrake, RedHat, SuSE and Tru64 will be available from: http://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/2.2alpha2/ An overview of the changes between 2.1 and 2.2 can be found on: http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html Known problems in this release: * Line edit completion may cause crashes. If typing text into e.g. the location bar of konqueror causes a crash you might want to turn off completion by selecting Completion->None from the RMB (Right Mouse Button) menu. * A javascript bug causes sites that rely on window.open not to function properly. * HTML rendering problems. Please _don't_ report the above problems, we already know about them. Have fun. Cheers, Waldo -- bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com