List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: file dialog
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 15:42:48

On Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2001 17:35 Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Thursday 31 May 2001 16:09, David Faure wrote:
> > Well, where do you expect a popup menu to be ? Yes, how original: bound
> > to the right-mouse-button.
> >
> > Ok, it's there, but if I click "Preview" (which is checked) it won't
> > uncheck it. (My kdelibs is a bit old though).

Yes, this is a Qt shortcoming. This menu-entry is rather a radio-action than
a toggle-action, i.e. you can't uncheck it -- you have to select another
option instead.

> FWIW, my kdelibs is about 2 days old and does _not_ have a popup menu in
> the preview widget. And the menu for the file list view does not offer to
> turn off previews either.

The popup is not on the preview-widget itself, but on the fileview. It's been
there for more than two years, btw :)

As this seems to be widely unknown, there is another menu right in the
toolbar, which you can't miss (since ~two days).

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer