List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesupport: let's get rid of it, now.
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 22:12:12

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 08:21 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> Dne st 30. květen 2001 15:15 Michael Brade napsal(a):
> > >
> > > We already depend on it. But it's nonsense to ship all our
> > > dependencies. What's wrong with simply saying "hey, you need this" to
> > > the user who runs ./configure?
> >
> > Well, we would end up with the same dependency crap GNOME has. You'd like
> > to just install kdelibs and now you find you'll need to download 5 other
> > packages with their own dependencies. That's _really_ frustrating. I know
> > we can't ship every lib with KDE but I think it's ok to have the small
> > ones included.
>
>  Why don't we include libpcre and libxml2 then ?
I don't know whether the person responsible for libpcre being included has
looked at the backport of qt3's regex engine there is a possibility that
libpcre could be eliminated as IIRC qt3's regex engine has probably 90% perl
compatability. The file is in kdebase/kate/qt3back and is being uses in kate
and IIRC Knode is also using it.
I also believe this will ease porting to KDE 3 when ever we decide to start
porting.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world.