List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues about busy cursor
From:       Hans Meine <hans_meine () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-05-30 16:06:51

Hi Lubos!

Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@sh.cvut.cz> writes:
> Dne út 29. kvìten 2001 14:34 Michael Goffioul napsal(a):
> > However here are some results about the busy cursor with apps started using
> > various ways.
> >
> > 1) Persistent busy cursor seems to occur with apps that execute another
> > one: a shell script which uses exec, kfmclient (not OK) vs. konqueror (OK),
>
>  Unfortunately, I'm afraid this thing can never be 100% perfect ... not even
> 99% , it's about finding the best way that works for most cases.

It seems to me that starting e.g. xemacs from the minicli doesn't
honor the MapNotify=false flag. There appears the right icon (the gnu)
but it will stay until end of timeout.

Also, when starting KDE, there is the unknown executable icon (the
gear) which stays next to the mouse pointer until timeout.

But nevertheless: Thanks for doing this all, even if it's not totally
my type of stuff, it's probably very useful to many other users.. :-)

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/