List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    JS Breakage (was Re: Auto-proxy problem)
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2001-05-29 1:09:44

On Montag, 28. Mai 2001 19:14, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > Either the file could not be downloaded or evaluating it failed. This
> > error is from the next step where it tries to call FindProxyForURL
> > already. Could you please check for any message from kpac before that?
>
> I included the complete konqueror debug output. However I guess the
> relevant part is this one:
>
> kpac: KPACImpl::init()
> kpac: KPACImpl::proxyForURL(), url=http://imecwww/proxy_configuration.pac
> kpac: KPACImpl::proxyForURL(): config not (yet) read, not using a proxy
This one is normal, it means it doesn't use a proxy to download the proxy
script :)

> Note that I (of course) checked the url given for auto-proxy (wget <url>
> works).
There is indeed no other error message about why calling FindProxyForURL()
fails. Something must have changed in KJS that makes this break now. After a
kdelibs update I can reproduce the problem now.
Harri, any idea?
Thanks,
-Malte
--
Wars don't determine who's right, only who's left.