List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole's history : is anyone taking care of it ?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-25 14:41:29

On Friday, 25. May 2001 11:19, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> It seems that konsole's 'history' feature has been disabled for a while
> now. I suppose this is because of the hist. files ever growing and taking
> up all space in /tmp. I'd like to try to fix that, but before I want to
> make sure that nobody is working on it.
>
> What I would like to do is move the current history to a file logging
> feature (like xterm had) and add a simple fixed-length, buffer-based
> history instead.
I worked on it, but the problem is that konsole has currently no concept of
throwing history away. It has only two modes: either all history or none at
all.

If you can code that, we could then readd that code around BlockArray as I
find it very useful to have a bit more history than available in xterm.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.