List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    where to put kwin client settings?
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-05-25 14:59:38

Hi,

when Gallium wrote the first configurable kwin client "icewm", he decided
to store the settings in a new section [IceWM] in kwinrc. I added another
section [ModernSystem] for the "modern system" client. Back then it seemed
a reasonable decision. But as configurable clients keep being added, I guess
it would be better to create a separate configuration file for each client,
like Rik began to do for his "web" client.

Should the client sections be removed from kwinrc and put into separate
rc-files? If so, how should the (then) obsolete entries in kwinrc be handled?
They'll remain there until the end of time, no? (OTOH it's just a developers'
problem, as these entries were never in an official release. :-)

??
m.