List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KGesture and DCOP Interfaces
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-24 20:58:33

On Thursday 24 May 2001 12:41, David Faure wrote:
> > Hm.. no idea actually.. maybe one of the KAction experts can shed light
> > on this.
>
> -zsh- dfaure 21:41 /mnt/devel/kde/kde2>back=`dcop konqueror qt objects |
> grep back`
> -zsh- dfaure 21:41 /mnt/devel/kde/kde2>dcop konqueror $back activate
>
> This works just fine.

This is way too fragile. Imagine what happens if a "backupDisk" object gets
added to konqueror....

And Simon wrote:
> So
>
> dcop konqueror "konqueror-mainwindow#1/action/back" activate
>
> does what you expect :-)

But how do I know if I should use 'konqueror-mainwindow#1' or
'konqueror-mainwindow#9'? For this to work there should also be a method to
reliably find the mainwindow based on some criteria. (But which?) Do I get
the name of the mainwindow when I open a new one?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com