List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KServerSocket port() is wrong
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-24 20:41:55

On Thursday 24 May 2001 15:23, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> > Well I had a very quick glance but I'm just not sure either.  Do you
> > have some example code?  From what I can tell, calling
> > KServerSocket(port, ...) and then calling KServerSocket::port()
> > doesn't guarantee you'll get the original port number back (unless
> > I'm missing something).  I think you'll have to ask Thiago about
> > this.
>
> That's what I'm experiencing.  Calling ::port() seems to have NOTHING
> to do with what port you specify or what port it's actually sitting
> on.  And it should or the entire method is useless :-)
>
> I've Cc: Thiago in case he isn't subscribed to this list.

  On a related note, I have some code which must compare two "addresses"
(being dns, IPv4, IPv6, whatever...).  Now I tried using KSocketAddress and
related classes and I seem to be getting random garbage from them too.
Perhaps I'm just using this wrong, but I don't see how to use it right!

--

George Staikos