On Thursday 24 May 2001 15:23, Kurt Granroth wrote: > > Well I had a very quick glance but I'm just not sure either. Do you > > have some example code? From what I can tell, calling > > KServerSocket(port, ...) and then calling KServerSocket::port() > > doesn't guarantee you'll get the original port number back (unless > > I'm missing something). I think you'll have to ask Thiago about > > this. > > That's what I'm experiencing. Calling ::port() seems to have NOTHING > to do with what port you specify or what port it's actually sitting > on. And it should or the entire method is useless :-) > > I've Cc: Thiago in case he isn't subscribed to this list. On a related note, I have some code which must compare two "addresses" (being dns, IPv4, IPv6, whatever...). Now I tried using KSocketAddress and related classes and I seem to be getting random garbage from them too. Perhaps I'm just using this wrong, but I don't see how to use it right! -- George Staikos