List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Window Decoration config module
From:       Karol Szwed <kszwed () latcs2 ! cs ! latrobe ! EDU ! AU>
Date:       2001-05-23 12:52:38

>First of all thanks for the new Window Decoration module, it looks really
>nice.

Many thanks - nice comments like those are always appreciated :-)

>The only thing missing is a way to use it with keyboard-only as well :-)

I absolutely agree.
There are essentially three ways of solving this problem:

1) A keypad pointer emulator could be created, that
   enables users to control a simulated "pointing device"
   via keystrokes - I think that this is the best option, as
   drag and drop would work for all kde apps then.

2) The kwindecoration module would have to detect when
   a pointing device is unavailable, and implement another
   button position selector which is keyboard friendly, and
   use that where there is no pointing device available.

3) Remove dnd all together from kwindecoration (hmm, I wouldn't
   really want to do this...)

Any other options I'd like to hear about.
What do you think?

Cheers,

gallium