List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Noatun - fix or throw it out
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2001-05-19 22:42:01

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:57:44AM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
>
> > How about you *report* bugs, or maybe even fix them?  How much time do I
> > look like I have? Could you really do any better? Have you actually used
> > kaiman?
>
> If you don't have the time to maintain Noatun, just say so.  This of
> course would simplify the issue quite a bit.

I think this whole thing is getting a bit out of hand.

Lemme start with the remark that noatun is working for me without any
real problem. (There's still the issue that the display window for movies
starts up in the upper left corner regardless whether kicker is on the
left-hand side.) No crashes, no startups without GUI. So I am a happy
noatun user.

Apparently, some user are experiencing problems. Some are not. Instead
of shouted at each other or making snide remarks, both sides should
get together and make both sides one again. ;-)

I don't like Ralf shouting at Charles. I don't like Neils (?) calling
Ralf someone who has yet to pick up how "real hackers" handle things.
And now Alex is kicking in ( hi Alex, we usually do get along! ;-)
and tells Charles how to work.

Drop it guys. If something is working for one group but doesn't for
another one there's something wrong. Get together and find out what
causes the problems.

Less fuel, more water or sand! ;-)

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel:  +264 - 61 - 249249
P.O.Box 30955                                    Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Windhoek                                                      uwe@kde.org
Republic of Namibia                                    http://www.kde.org