List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: busy cursor
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 22:12:20

Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  some eyecandy :) to show at LinuxTag ( or wherever ). The attached patch is
> probably the best busy cursor implementation I'm capable of. Not a real
> cursor actually, I already explained why I think it can't be done, but it's
> not actually that bad, who ever said that the startup indication has to be a
> changed cursor ?
>  Feel free to criticize. The blinking background is there because a) it's not
> very visible without it, b) I don't know how to make the transparent parts of
> the icons transparent also on the screen.
>
>  Also, I'm unsure what the current status with Beta1 is ( Waldo ? ).
> According to developer.kde.org, there should be now freeze until Friday, but
> I didn't notice anything like that happen. I'd especially like to know if (
> and when ) I still may finish and commit the rewritten app-start notify and
> start_on_desktop part, or if it's already too late for 2.2 now ? It would
> probably also need at least a very primitive kcontrol module.

Please continue with that one. Tackat will help you with the cursor
files where you need that. Please get in touch to get this going; I hope
danimo will have some time on the weekend after he's had his exam this
week to write a quick kcontrol module or find a place to put this in a
tab for the windowmanager (which is the best place to go I think).

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org