List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    busy cursor
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-05-16 21:52:57

 Hello,

 some eyecandy :) to show at LinuxTag ( or wherever ). The attached patch is
probably the best busy cursor implementation I'm capable of. Not a real
cursor actually, I already explained why I think it can't be done, but it's
not actually that bad, who ever said that the startup indication has to be a
changed cursor ?
 Feel free to criticize. The blinking background is there because a) it's not
very visible without it, b) I don't know how to make the transparent parts of
the icons transparent also on the screen.

 Also, I'm unsure what the current status with Beta1 is ( Waldo ? ).
According to developer.kde.org, there should be now freeze until Friday, but
I didn't notice anything like that happen. I'd especially like to know if (
and when ) I still may finish and commit the rewritten app-start notify and
start_on_desktop part, or if it's already too late for 2.2 now ? It would
probably also need at least a very primitive kcontrol module.

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org
 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli

["kdesktop.patch.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]