List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What's the deal with kdedb?
From:       Holger Schurig <holgerschurig () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-16 19:52:36

> 2. Backport the SQL path of Qt 3 to 2.3. I think this should be
> pretty trivial since it seems pretty separate from the UI of Qt.

No it's not. The widgets are now data-aware. On my system the docs for
this is on

file:/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.0-snapshot-20010419/doc/html/sql.html#Data-Aware_Widgets

:-)

Later on, you can read "QSqlForm uses QSqlPropertyMap to handle the
transfer of data between widgets and database fields. Custom widgets
can also be used in a form by installing a property map that contains
information about the properties of the custom widget which should be
used to transfer the data.".

And also this article makes clear that Qt Designer also has a word to
speak.

All of this is stuff that I don't see in KDEDB.