List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: klegacyimport -> gtkimport
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 19:40:30

Well, like I said, I'm not really against a name change (although I think we
should stay with the current one). I was just rather insulted because there
*were* reasons we chose that name and no one asked me about changing it,
which is common courtesy even for a tiny bit of code.

GTK themes are fucked up right now anyways, so it doesn't really matter. I
understand why the original author didn't want to maintain it >:)

Right now I'm doing some pixie and KStyle hacking (not GTK styles), but what
I would prefer would be a "Universial Theme Importer". We could now handle
GTK widget themes and icewm themes. The code Gallium did for ICEWM is really
good and it could easy be made to parse other window manager's decorations
(I'm hoping to get rid of the crap I did for KWM themes and replace it with
his). People would pop in a theme for any of these systems and it should be
able to import it...