List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New UI for Pixie (I give up ;-)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-05-16 18:47:08

> > I don't plan on emulating ACDSee exactly, just having the default UI look
> > somewhat similiar.
>
>  You can run ACDSee in either a browse or a view mode. In browse view, it's
> similar to Pixie's thumbnails window ( or whatever it's called ). If you
> press enter or dblclick an image, the whole browse window is replaced by a
> new window which contains only the image. You press enter again and you're
> back in the browse mode ( very handy ). Simply said, after pressing enter
> in browse mode it's like undocking the preview window and hiding everything
> else, pressing enter in view mode is like showing the browse part and
> docking the image window in it.

Dont forget to mention that you have buttons at the top to go to the next
image in that dir. Oh; and since it rescales the window to fit the picture
the buttons jump from under your mouse, therefor it has this neat function to
reposition your mouse on top of that same button after a new picture has been
loaded ;)

--
Thomas