List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: am_edit
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 13:59:42

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:59:49PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 May 2001 14:19, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, that'd be a bug then. it does not appear to happen here. anything
> > > special to your setup ?
> >
> > No, a plain SuSE 7.1. Anyway, why should that depend on the setup?
> > am_edit is a perl script without any external dependencies, isn't it?
> >
> Sure and I've seen this bug before. Actually Simon showed it to me and I told
> him that it was broken by his addition of .ui files, so our discussion ended
> there :)

Yes, because I couldn't find a solution (ok, I didn't try hard :)

> Can you give me a place where to reproduce it or a Makefile.am?

I *think* this is what happened:

The first time am_edit runs on a clean (read: fresh checkout) directory it
generates moc rules as usual, for all the files in the CVS, not for the
moc files belonging to the .ui files. Instead the ui-magic part of am_edit
generates a separate command for generating the moc file for a .ui file.
Fine so far.

If you re-run am_edit (for whatever reason) in this directory and the .cpp
files corresponding to the .ui files are already sitting in the directory,
then the moc magic detects that those .cpp files include their moc code and
thus am_edit generates a rule for generating this .moc file. This is where we
end up in two duplicated moc generation rules being generated.

Bye,
 Simon