List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: am_edit
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 13:49:21

Moin Bernd!

> No, a plain SuSE 7.1. Anyway, why should that depend on the setup?
> am_edit is a perl script without any external dependencies, isn't it?

Sure, but it has to work in a lot of different environments. different perl
versions, different setup (builddir != srcdir etc) and it has to generate
different rule-sets for final/non final compilation.

I run SuSE 7.2 beta and it seems to work (verified with a cvs-clean kdebase
in kcontrol/css which was the first directory I found with .ui files) with
builddir != srcdir and enable-final.

do you not use enable-final ?

Any more details you could provide to help fixing the problem?

Dirk