List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Kaboodle
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 12:37:28

Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

>    Hi!
>
> On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:39:16PM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> >
> > Maybe this is a good time to move kaboodle into kdemultimedia?
> >
> > That will be all :)
>
> Yes, I think it's a good idea. We discussed that a while ago, I think there
> was general consensus that it should be done. The last release announcement
> (2.2alpha1) even said it had been moved, but it had not ;).
>
> I think Chrisian Esken about sums it up:
> "Using noatun for every small clip of music is like using kword to view a
> Makefile."
Exactly. Also it would be great to have it "preview" soundfiles in
konqueror like nautilus does. The MP3 view profile isn't the best option
as well in terms of usability, so if some multimedia geeks could sit
together and set this up for easier use we'd have a really good thingy
down there.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org