List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: taskbar grouping, off by default please.
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-16 2:06:23

Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Can I turn the taskbar grouping off by default? The current implementation
> > is highly counter-productive. (I know, I'm not productive either, there was
>
> Leave the current taskbar grouping on by default, please. The
> current implementation is highy productive. (I know because I'm
> highly productive). :P

It *is* handy once you learned it.. but I don't think it should be on
by default.  It's just too different.  When the change first happened,
my wife ended up starting something like 40 konsoles thinking that
they kept crashing when she minimized them.  Even after a week, she
still hasn't gotten used to it.  It's definitely *not* intuitive or
what people would be used to.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop