List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What's the deal with kdedb?
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-05-15 14:12:06

On Tuesday 15 May 2001 15:26, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 May 2001 15:16, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> > what is still needed.  I've also gotten some conflicting information
> > about qdb in terms of if it will be included in the gpl version of Qt.
> > I've been told that it is, but I've also been told that it's part of the
> > enterprise edition of Qt which seems to make it less likely to be
> > included.  I hope it is included.
>
> The GPL edition of Qt has always featured all modules. The "Enterprise" and
> "Professional" editions are only commercial releases, the different being
> that the Professional edition doesn't have all the modules. For instance
> the XML module is featured in the Enterprise edition but not in the
> Professional one, yet it's still part of the GPL edition.

Guillaume is right. The open source edition of Qt will continue to be
feature-wise identical with the Qt Enterprise Edition on Unix/X11, that is
including the database module.

Matthias
--
  ettrich@trolltech.com                                  Fax: +47 21604801
  Trolltech AS, Waldemar Thranes gt. 98, N-0175 Oslo, Norway