List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What's the deal with kdedb?
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-05-15 13:16:00

At 06:02 AM 5/15/2001, you wrote:
>With the impending Qt3 release and all.. I'm left in a state of curiosity.
>
>What's going to happen to KDEDB?  Will it be dropped from KDE in favor of
>Qt's SQL classes?
>
>- alex

There are still things that KDEDB does that qdb doesn't do, but someone
(probably us) needs to sit down and do a comparison of what is where and
what is still needed.  I've also gotten some conflicting information about
qdb in terms of if it will be included in the gpl version of Qt.  I've been
told that it is, but I've also been told that it's part of the enterprise
edition of Qt which seems to make it less likely to be included.  I hope it
is included.

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President