List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with the kdeglobals file
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-14 8:23:19

Henrik Johnson wrote:
> =

> > Dne po 14. kv=ECten 2001 00:20 Henrik Johnson napsal(a):
> > > I just installed from the CVS and the problem still persists. And i=
ts
> > > just the kdeglobals keybindings that are erased when I log in, othe=
> > > global keybindings work. I loose any changes in the keybindings for=

> > > kdeglobals.
> > >
> > > /Mauritz
> > > GlobeCom AB
> > >
> =

> >  You have to upgrade kdebase, that's where the problem was.
> =

> >  And BTW, don't use 'reply' if you don't reply to a message, simply w=
rite
> > new message. I bet you don't use KMail or any other mail reader that
> displays
> > mails by thread, otherwise you'd know why this is a bad thing to do. =
> almost
> > overlooked your first mail, because it was buried in a thread I didn'=
> follow.
> =

> I just noticed that you upgraded some key stuff in kdebase, and it's
> compiling. I'll have a look at kmail, it hasn't had IMAP support until
> now and I get a lot of office documents sent so I'm using StarOffice.
Try kword from CVS with your word files please and get in touch with the
programmers of the import filter with that if you can share the
documents or pages of them that don't get imported right. I've taken the
recent MS attack file in .doc (english version) and it gets imported
quite well (need to look at how SO does render that one to see where we
still have problems). That would be of help I guess, the word import
filter is very crucial. My aunt here just told me that the export filter
was even more crucial in SO because she simply cannot create a new file
in .doc format which she often has to do if her colleagues/contractors
don't have another word processor than word installed.

Ralfh
-- =

Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org