List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why user-levels don't work (Was: Beginner/Default/Advanced GUI)
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-10 9:05:54

On Thursday 10 May 2001 09:40, gigafalk@yahoo.com wrote:
> Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Everyone who might doubt it should try a software developed ten years
> > ago: It was known as "Geoworks"
>
> Hehehe...good old Geoworks. I still know it from my first computer
> (Commodore 64). And geoworks ran with 64KByte RAM!!!

No, that was GEOS for Commodore 64. Geoworks was the PC-version
done by the same people which was very modular, written in assembler,
had a very good multitasking and fit on 5 floppy disks (including
an advanced textprocessor, a graphics-tool, a spreadsheet etc ...).
You were able to do nice DTP with it on an XT w/ 640 kB of RAM
with _REAL_ WYSIWYG (long before the same was possible in Windows).

Greets,
Tackat