List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n of icons
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-09 11:29:22

Alle 12:03, mercoledì 09 Maggio 2001, Torsten Rahn ha scritto:
> > No, the biggest problem is the "globe" image you get when you start
> > Konqueror (the about page). The Earth is centered on the USA!!!!!!
>
> Well, unfortunately making it point to italy was out of question.
Federico do not ask to center it on Italy.
But, btw, that globe is centered not only on X but also on Y, i.e. you do not
see Brazil or Argentina but only
United States of America, and I think, KDE is not a product of USA but
something bigger, a "standrad" world map is centered in Europe/Africa
(GMeridian at half).

> > Andrea surely has a point with his request.
>
> Well a point, yes. For some icons it might be _necessary_ to change
> the icons depending on the country-settings.
This is what I asked, few icons, not all KDE.

Bye
Andrea
--
Registered Linux User No.71426  |       ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi            |  http://www.kde.org/