List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-08 11:31:21

Hi,

out of experience (from this internet cafe here running with KDE 2.1.1)
the users are *not* capable of understanding that starting applications
may take some time. The result is that they click on the konqueror or
netscape icon 5 or more times which slows down the machines (diskless
clients) even more. So what is needed besides the taskbar start
notification is to also set the cursor to wait cursor. A new hourglass
cursor with a pointer a la windoze would be the best option, this one
can be black and white so this shouldn't be a problem to do actually.
But changing the cursor is *very* crucial.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org