List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: System Configure tool
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-05-05 21:15:33

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 11:11:47PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:

> Oh yes, now that you mention it. Go tell them. I'm sure they just don't
> realize.

Well that's why I don't use em :)

Honestly, my config files are very easy to manage for the most part.

/etc/defaults/rc.conf is the master one, and is updated any time I run
mergemaster to bring in new changes.

Any custom settings I want to make get kept in /etc/rc.conf, and get left
alone by mergemaster.

Then again, I don't have to deal with many incompatible changes anyhow.
So yes, if {SuSE,*} keeps breaking config tools with each release, they're
broken.

- alex